The mission of Hixson Elementary is to provide a safe, nurturing, and rigorous learning environment that cultivates productive citizens and life-long learners who are academically proficient or advanced as defined by local, state, and national standards.
At Hixson Elementary:
• Everyone contributes and is productively engaged.
• Learning experiences maximize achievement for all students.
• Productive work habits and positive character traits are established.
We believe that:
• The use of research based practices, information, and data are necessary to drive instructional decisions.
• High student expectations sustain maximized student performance.
• All children learn at proficient levels or beyond in a safe, non-threatening, and rigorous educational environment.
• A sustaining focus of student learning achievement is grounded in policies and procedures that comply with local, state, and federal policies.
• Shared decision-making involves all stakeholders through the use of internal and external communication.
• Teacher collaboration in a professional learning community ensures high student performance and rigorous classroom instruction.
• The school recognizes the importance of diversity and promotes active participation among all stakeholders; students, teachers, support staff, parents, and the community.
• By providing a quality education for all students we meet the individual needs of students.
• A high performing learning culture includes students, teachers, and all stakeholders.